INCOME TAX EMPLOYEES FEDERATION
Manishinath Bhawan A/2/95 Rajouri Garden,
New Delhi. 110 027.
Cir. No. 35/12-15 Dated: 4thDecember, 2013
Confederation Secretariat Meeting and decisions.
The National Secretariat of the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers met at New Delhi on 28.11.2013 and reviewed the situation arising out of the Government’s announcement of Seventh Central Pay Commission and the subsequent developments thereon. As has been reported earlier, the JCM staff side finalised and submitted the terms of reference to the VII-Pay Commission which includes our suggestions for- Date of Effect from 1.1.2014; Merger of Dearness Allowance; Grant of Interim relief; Inclusion of Postal GDS under the ambit of CPC; Statutory Pesion for all; Settlement of anomalies of VI-CPC etc.
Considering the past experience of the staff side in the matter of “terms of reference” to the earlier CPCs, that the Government making the “consultation with the staff side” a mockery in the matter and went on finalising the terms of reference” as suited to its design, the Confederation has every reason to believe that the scenario may not change this time also until sufficient pressure is built up. Further the nonchalant attitude of the Government towards the settlement of other demands contained in the 15 point Charter of Demands on which the Government Employees under the auspices of Confederation of CG Employees and Workers were on agitation was seriously taken note by the Secretariat. In this situation the National Secretariat felt that no alternative is left with the employees other than reverting to the agitation and the following programmes of agitation including strike action were chalked out. The Confederation Circular No. 10 dated 29.11.2013, detailing the situation and agitation programmes is enclosed herewith.
- Hold Executive; Secretariate; General Body; lunch hour Meetings to popularise our Charter of demands
- Day Long Dharna on 19.12.2013 at State Capitals and other Important places
- Mass Rallies at State Capitals
- Relay Dharna for five days (30.12.2013 to 03.01.2014)
- Mass Dharna at New Delhi on 09.01.2014 by All India Leaders and Leaders of Affiliates and COC
The National Executive of Confederation will meet at New Delhi on 10.01.2014 to decide the dates of Strike.
All the Circle General Secretaries of ITEF are requested to carry out the programme in its required vigour and strength in coordination with the State Committees of Confederation or independently. Lunch Hour Demonstration be held on 09.1.2014 when the leaders will be sitting on Dharna at New Delhi. A report on the implementation of the Programmes may be sent to the ITEF, CHQ.
Implementation of Supreme Court order on Inter-se Seniority:
On our persistent demand and discussions with the Chairperson and Member (P&V), for withdrawal of the Instructions issued by the CBDT on 15th October, 2013 and issuance of clear instructions to CCAs regarding the manner of implementation to bring about uniformity in the matter in all Charges, a meeting of ITEF and ITGOA representatives were convened by the DGIT (HRD) and other Officials on 3rd December, 2013. In the meeting broad consensus were reached on many of the points to implement the Judgement. In order to convey a clear cut and uniform instructions to the CCAs, the meeting felt that some more details are to be obtained from various agencies of the Government/sections of CBDT etc. and decided to meet again on 11thDecember, 2013 to finalaise the issue. We are hopeful that the matter will be resolved in the said meeting and proper instructions issued thereafter to CCAs to implement the judgement in a uniform manner in all Charges and in all Cadres.
MODIFIED CHARTER OF DEMANDS OF CONFEDERATION
1. Accept the terms of reference of 7th CPC, submitted by the staff side, National Council JCM.
(a) To examine the existing structure of pay, allowances and other benefits/facilities, retirement benefits like Pension, Gratuity, other terminal benefits of various categories of Central Government Employees including Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) of Postal Department.
(b) To work out the comprehensive revised pay packet for the categories of Central Government employees including GDS as on 1.1.2014.
(c) The Commission shall determine the pay structure, benefits, facilities, retirement benefits etc. taking into account the need to provide minimum wage with reference to the recommendation of the 15th Indian Labour Conference (1957) and the subsequent judicial pronouncement of the honorable Supreme Court there-on, as on 1.1.2014.
(d) To determine the Interim Relief needed to be sanctioned immediately to the Central Government employees including GDS.
(e) To determine the percentage of Dearness allowance/Dearness Relief immediately to be merged with Pay and pension including GDS.
(f) To settle the anomalies raised in various fora of JCM.
(g) To work out the improvements needed to the existing retirement benefits, like pension, death cum retirement gratuity, family pension and other terminal or recurring benefits maintaining parity amongst past, present and future pensioners and family pensioners including those who entered service on or after 1.1.2004.
(h) To recommend methods for providing cashless/hassle-free Medicare facilities to the employees and Pensioners including Postal pensioners.
2. Ensure every five year revision of wages of Central Government Employees in future.
3. (a) Regularisation of Gramin Dak Sevaks of the Postal Department and grant of Civil Servant status, statutory pension and all other benefits at par with regular employees.
(b) Regularisation and revision of wages of casual and contract workers.
4. Compassionate appointment – removal of restrictions imposed by Government.
5. JCM and Anomaly Committee Functioning.
6. Fill up all vacant posts and creation of new posts wherever justified.
7. Stop downsizing, outsourcing, contractorisation and privatization of Government functions.
8. Stop the move to introduce performance related Pay (PRP) system, Extend PLB Bonus for all, removing bonus ceiling.
9. Revise OTA and Night Duty Allowance rates and clothing rates.
10. Implement arbitration awards.
11. Five promotions to all.
12. Rescind the PFRDA Act. Ensure statutory Pension for all.
13. Stop price rise. Revive and extend public distribution system for all.
14. Stop trade Union victimization.
15. Ensure Right to strike.