ONLY 14.29% INCREASE IN PAY AFTER 10 YEARS
(EQUAL TO TWO DA INSTALLMENTS)!!!
50 LAKHS CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND DEFENCE PERSONNEL CHEATED & DECEIVED
- DATE OF EFFECT – 01.01.2016
JCM Staff Side demand – 01.01.2014 – Rejected
- MINIMUM PAY – 18000
JCM (SS) demand – 26000 – Rejected
Dr. Aykroyd Formula of 15th Indian Labour Conference for calculation of Minimum wage distorted by 7th CPC to deny the eligible minimum pay.
- FITMENT FORMULA – 2.57 TIMES
JCM (SS) demand – multiplication factor 3.7 (26000/7000)
- FIXATION ON PROMOTION – NO CHANGE – ONLY ONE INCREMENT IN THE OLD SCALE
JCM (SS) demand – Minimum two increments fixation.
- ANNUAL INCREMENT – 3% NO CHANGE
JCM (SS) demand – 5%
- MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION – NO CHANGE – 10, 20, 30
Conditions made more stringent. Bench mark “Very Good” required instead of “good”. Examination for MACP proposed. Hierarchial promotion restored.
JCM (SS) demand: Five promotion – 8,7,6,5,4 (30 years)
- PAY BAND, GRADE PAY SYSTEM ABOLISHED
New Pension Structure called “Matrix based open ended pay structure” recommended. Total span of the scale 40 years.
JCM (SS) demand: Abolish pay band, Grade Pay system and open ended pay scales should be introduced.
- MAXIMUM PAY INCREASE – 14.29%
JCM (SS) demand – Minimum 40% increase for all employees.
- COMPARISON BETWEEN MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM PAY – 1:11.4 (18000 : 205400)
Demand of the JCM (SS) – 1:8
- NUMBER OF PAY SCALES – NOT REDUCED – NO DELAYERING
JCM(SS) demand – pay scales with grade pay 1900, 2000, 4600, 8700 and the pay scale 75500-80000 to be abolished.
- ALLOWANCES – NO IMPROVEMENT
Commission recommended abolition of 52 existing allowances such as Assisting Cashier Allowance, Cash Handling Allowance, Treasury Allowance, Handicapped Allowance, Risk Allowance, Savings Bank Allowance, Special compensatory (Hill Area) Allowance, Cycle Allowance, Family Planning Allowance etc.
- HRA REDUCED TO 24%, 16% AND 8% FOR X, Y AND Z CITIES
JCM (SS) demand – Existing HRA of 30% (for X class cities with population 50 lakhs and above), 20% (for Y class cities with population of 5 lakhs to 50 lakhs) and 10% (for Z class cities with less than 5 lakhs population) may be increased to 60%, 40% and 20%.
- DRIVERS – HIGHER PAY SCALE REJECTED
- DA FORMULA – NO CHANGE
- HBA – NO CHANGE – CEILING RAISED TO 25 LAKHS
- CASUAL LEAVE – NO INCREASE
- CHILD Care Leave
1st 365 days – Full pay (100%)
Next 365 days – 80% Pay only.
- MATERNITY LEAVE – NO CHANGE
- LEAVE ENCASHMENT AT THE TIME OF RETIREMENT – NO INCREASE MAXIMUM 300 DAYS ONLY
Medical Insurance Scheme for serving and retired employees recommended.
- TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE – NO HIKE - ONLY 125% MERGER
|Pay Level||Higher Transport Allowance cities (A, AI)||Other places|
|9 and above||7200 + DA||3600 + DA|
|3 to 8||3600 + DA||1800 + DA|
|1 and 2||1350 + DA||900 + DA|
- LEAVE TRAVEL CONCESSION (LTC) – NO CHANGE
One time LTC to Foreign Country during the service rejected. Splitting of Home Town LTC for employees Posted in North East, Laddakh, Andaman & Nicobars and Lakshdweep allowed.
- ACCOUNTS STAFF BELONGING TO UNORGANIZED ACCOUNTS – PARITY WITH ORGANISED ACCOUNTS REJECTED.
- PERIODICAL REVIEW OF WAGES (NOT TEN YEARS) RECOMMENDED. NO PAY COMMISSION REQUIRED
- PERFORMANCE RELATED PAY SHOULD BE INTRODUCED IN GOVERNMENT SERVICES AND ALL BONUS PAYMENT SHOULD BE LINKED TO PRODUCTIVITY.
JCM (SS) demand – No Performance related Pay. Productivity Linked Bonus for all.
- COMPULSORY RETIREMENT AND EFFICIENCY BAR REINTRODUCED
Failure to get required bench mark for promotion within the first 20 years of service will result in stoppage of increment. Such employees who have out lived their ability, their services need not be continued and the continuance of such persons in the service should be discouraged.
- PROMOTEE AND DIRECT RECRUITS – ENTRY LEVEL PAY ANOMALY IS REMOVED
JCM (SS) demand – the differential entry pay between new recruits and promoted employees should be done away with.
- CADRE REVIEW TO BE COMPLETED IN A TIME BOUND MANNER.
Commission recommended to hasten the process of cadre review and reduced the time taken in inter-ministerial consultations.
- NEW PENSION SCHEME – WILL CONTINUE
- CEA & HOSTEL SUBSIDY
CEA per month 2250 – 25% increase when DA crosses 50%
Hostel subsidy 6750 – 25% increase when DA crosses 50%
- GROUP INSURANCE SCHEME
Level Monthly Contribution Insurance Amount
1 to 5 1500 15 Lakhs
6 to 9 2500 25 lakhs
10 and above 5000 50 lakhs