NCOME TAX EMPLOYEES FEDERATION
Cir No. 7 /2015-18 Dated: 1st August, 2015
Sub -NATIONWIDE ONE DAY STRIKE AS PER THE CALL OF ALL CENTRAL TRADE UNIONS AND INDEPENDENT FEDERATIONS -
As intimated, the Confederation of Central Govt. Employees is embarking on a one day strike on 2th September, 2015 on the call of the All Central Trade Unions and Independent Federations.. The Secretariat Meeting of the ITEF on 13th July, 2015 decided to call upon all circles to make the strike in Income Tax Department a total success and to put all efforts for the same. The Resolution adopted in the National Executive Meeting of the Confederation held on 12th July, 2015 and demands (Part I & II) are also enclosed herewith to enable you a proper and effective campaign. All Circles are requested to put all efforts for campaign and mobilisation by educating the mass on the significance of the strike and the need to make it glorious. The Circles either under State COCs or independently make wide publicity about the one day strike. The ITEF,CHQ will serve the strike notice on 11th August, 2915 to the Chairperson, Central Board of Direct Taxes. All Circle General Secretaries are requested to intimate their respective Cadre Controlling Authorities about the strike on the same day after a General meeting/demonstration during lunch recess. The copy of the strike notice which ITEF CHQ will be serving on the CBDT and draft intimation latter to the CCAs are enclosed.
INCOME TAX EMPLOYEES FEDERATION
Dated: 11th August, 2015
The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Income Tax(CCA)
This is to give notice that all the members of Income Tax Employees Federation, will go for one day strike on 2nd September, 2015. Copies of the notice given to the Chairperson, CBDT, New Delhi, by the Central Headquarters of the Federation and the Charter of Demands in pursuance of which the ITEF has given notice for the strike action are enclosed.
Circle General Secretary
No. N-1/2015-18 Dated: 11th August, 2015.
Central Board of Direct Taxes,
New Delhi- 110 001.
Sub: Nationwide One Day strike as per the call of All Central Trade Unions and independent Federations on 2nd September, 2015 - Notice reg.–
This is to give notice that all the members of Income Tax Employees Federation, which is affiliated to the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers, will go on one day strike on 2nd September, 2015. The Charter of Demands in pursuance of which the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers has given notice to the Cabinet Secretary for the strike action is enclosed.
Enclosure as above.
2ND SEPTEMBER 2015 STRIKE CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Urgent measures for containing price-rise through universalisation of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measure for violation for labour laws.
4. Universal social security cover for all workers
5. Minimum wages of not less than Rs. 15,000/- per month with provisions of indexation.
6. Assured enhanced pension not less than Rs. 3000/- P.M. for the entire working population.
7. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/State PSUs.
8. Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as regular workers for same and similar work.
9. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund; increase the quantum of gratuity.
10. Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting applications; and immediate ratification of ILO Convention C 87 and C 98.
11. Against Labour Law Amendments
12. Against FDI in Railways, Insurance and Defence.
1. Effect wage revision of the Central Government Employees from 01.01.2014 accepting memorandum of the staff side JCM; ensure 5-year wage revision in future; grant interim relief and merger of 100% of DA; Include Gramin Dak Sevaks within the ambit of 7th CPC. Settle all anomalies of 6th CPC.
2. No Privatisation, PPP or FDI in Railways, Defence Establishment and no corporatization of Postal services.
3. No ban on creation of new posts. Fill up all vacant posts.
4. Scrap PFRDA Act an re-introduce the defined benefit statutory pension scheme.
5. No outsourcing, contractrisation, privatization of governmental functions; withdraw the proposed move to close down the printing presses, the publications, form stores and stationery departments and medical stores Depots; regularize the existing daily-rated/casual and contract workers and absorption of trained apprentices.
6. Revive the JCM functioning at all level as an effective negotiating forum for settlement of the demands of the Central Government Employees.
7. Remove arbitrary ceiling on compassionate appointment.
8. No labour reforms which are inimical to the interest of the workers.
9. Remove the ceiling on payment on bonus
10. Ensure five promotions in the serve career.
RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE CONFEDERATION HELD ON 12.07.2015 AT NEW DELHI.
1. The National Executive of the Confederation which met at New Delhi on 12.07.2015 decided unanimously to endorse the call of the Central Trade Unions and independent Federations in the country for organizing one day nationwide strike on 2ndSeptember 2015 to oppose the ongoing aggressive neo-liberal economic policies of the Government of India. The National Executive has decided to call upon all its affiliates to organise intensive mobilization campaign to reach out to each and every Central Government employees. The National Executive has also decided to deploy the National and state leaders of Confederation for a wider campaign amongst the Central Government employees in all states and District capitals of the country.
2. The meeting also noted with grave concern the rejection of a 5 years wage revision for Central Government Employees by the 7th Pay Commission and consequent demand of the benefit of merger of DA an Interim Relief. The meeting also noted the advisory articles appearing in the corporate/controlled media against the wage revision of Central Government Employees to influence the recommendation of the 7th CPC. The meeting noted with grave concern the negative attitude of the Government towards three lakhs Gramin Dak Sevaks of the Postal Department by refusing to include them in the 7th CPC. The meeting decided to exhort the affiliates to bring the contents of the memorandum of the staff side JCM once again to the employees and prepare them for the proposed indefinite strike action of the CGEs including Railways and Defence workers from 23rd November 2015. It was also decided that besides the National charter of demands of prepared by the Central Trade Unions, the 10-point Charter of demands of the JCM staff side National Council shall form the combined charters of demands of the Central Government employees for the strike action on 2nd September 2015.
3. The meeting decided to appeal to all state committees and affiliated organizations to take active part in all meetings and conventions organised by Central Trade Unions, jointly with state Government Employees Federation, Bank, Insurance and other public sector undertakings. The Confederation and its affiliates shall serve strike notice for the 2nd September strike on 11th August 2015 by holding massive demonstrations at the respective work places.